Similar to other commercial websites, our website utilizes a standard technology called ‘cookies’ (see our cookies policy page for more information) and server logs to collect information about how our site is used. Information gathered through cookies and server logs may include the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, time spent at our site, and the websites visited just before and just after our own, as well as your IP address.
This Policy sets out the conditions under which we may process any information that we collect from you, or that you provide to us. It covers information that could identify you (“personal information”) and information that could not. In the context of the law and this notice, “process” means collect, store, transfer, use or otherwise act on information.
- We take seriously the protection of your privacy and confidentiality. We understand that all visitors to our website are entitled to know that their personal data will not be used for any purpose unintended by them, and will not accidentally fall into the hands of a third party.
- The Safe Kit undertakes to preserve the confidentiality of all information you provide to us, and hope that you reciprocate.
- The law requires us to tell you about your rights and our obligations to you in regards to the processing and control of your personal data.
COLLECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Safe Kit may collect personally identifiable information when you purchase any of our training packages on https://www.thesafekit.com.
The Safe Kit encourages you to review the privacy statements of websites you choose to link to from The Safe Kit so that you can understand how those websites collect, use and share your information. We are not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on websites outside of the The Safe Kit website.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND WHY?
We may collect information about you directly from you, as well as automatically through your use of our Site or Services.
- Information We Collect Directly from You: Certain areas and features of our Site and Services require purchase. For the purpose of purchase, you will provide your name, email address, payment details, and IP address.
- Information We Collect Automatically: We may automatically collect the following information about your use of our Site via some software analytics including the length of time you visit our Site and your movement through our Site.
- We may also collect the following information: device ID; location and language information.
WE DO NOT SELL, RENT OR LEASE ITS CUSTOMER LISTS TO THIRD PARTIES.
The Safe Kit may share data with trusted partners to help perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to The Safe Kit, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
The Safe Kit will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on The Safe Kit or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of The Safe Kit; and, (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of The Safe Kit, or the public.
INFORMATION WE PROCESS BECAUSE WE HAVE A CONTRACTUAL OBLIGATION WITH YOU
When you use The Safe Kit website, you agree to our terms and conditions, a contract is formed between you and us.
In order to carry out our obligations under that contract, we must process the information you give us. Some of this information may be personal information.
We may use it in order to:
- verify your identity for security purposes
- provide you with our services
- provide you with suggestions and advice on services and how to obtain the most from using our website.
The Safe Kit may aggregate this information in a general way and use it to provide class information, for example, to monitor our performance with respect to a particular service we provide. If we use it for this purpose, you as an individual will not be personally identifiable. The Safe Kit shall continue to process this information until the contract between us ends or is terminated by either party under the terms of the contract.
Except where you have consented to our use of your information for a specific purpose, we do not use your information in any way that would identify you personally. The Safe Kit may aggregate it in a general way and use it to provide class information, for example, to monitor the performance of a particular page on our website.
You may withdraw your consent at any time by instructing us (email@example.com) However, if you do so, you may not be able to use our website or our services further
RETENTION PERIOD FOR PERSONAL DATA
Except as otherwise mentioned in this privacy notice, The Safe Kit keep your personal information only for as long as required by us:
- To provide you with the services you have requested;
- To comply with other law, including for the period demanded by our tax authorities;
- To support a claim or defense in court.
OPT-OUT & UNSUBSCRIBE
We provide users the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us by reading the unsubscribe instructions located at the bottom of any e-mail they receive from us at any time. Users who no longer wish to receive our newsletter or promotional materials may opt-out of receiving these communications by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the e-mail.
We respect your privacy and give you an opportunity to opt-out of receiving announcements of certain information. Users may opt-out of receiving any or all communications from The Safe Kit by contacting us here:
Web page: https://www.thesafekit.com
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
We are a Data Controller of your information.
- The Safe Kit needs to perform a contract with you
- You have given The Safe Kit permission to do so
- Processing your personal information is in The Safe Kit legitimate interests
- The Safe Kit needs to comply with the law
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. If you wish to be informed what Personal Information we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access: you may at any time request to access your personal data. Upon request, we will provide a copy of your personal data in a commonly used electronic form.
- The right to rectification: you are entitled to obtain rectification of inaccurate personal data and to have incomplete personal data completed.
- The right to erasure: under certain circumstances (including processing on the basis of your consent), you may request us to delete your User Data. Please note that this right is not unconditional. Therefore, an attempt to invoke the right might not lead to an action from us.
- The right to object: to certain processing activities conducted by us in relation to your personal data, such as our processing of your personal data based on our legitimate interest. The right to object also applies to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- The right to data portability: you are entitled to receive your personal data (or have your personal data directly transmitted to another data controller) in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
All copyrights, trademarks, patents and other intellectual property rights in and on our website and all content and software located on the site shall remain the sole property of The Safe Kit or its licensors. The use of our trademarks, content and intellectual property is forbidden without the express written consent from us.
You must not:
- Republish material from our website without prior written consent.
- Sell or rent material from our website.
- Reproduce, duplicate, create derivative, copy or otherwise exploit material on our website for any purpose.
- Redistribute any content from our website, including onto another website.
You agree to use our website only for lawful purposes and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else’s use and enjoyment of the website. Prohibited behavior includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any other user within our website. You must not use our website to send unsolicited commercial communications. You must not use the content on our website for any marketing related purpose without our express written consent.
We use automated devices and applications, to evaluate usage of our Site and, to the extent permitted, our Services. We also may use other analytic means to evaluate our Services. We use these tools to help us improve our Services, performance and user experiences. These entities may use tracking technologies to perform their services.
VERIFICATION OF YOUR INFORMATION
When we receive any request to access, edit or delete personal identifiable information we shall first take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access or otherwise taking any action. This is important to safeguard your information.
ENCRYPTION OF DATA SENT BETWEEN US
The Safe Kit website uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates to verify our identity to your browser and to encrypt any data you give us. Whenever information is transferred between us, you can check that it is done so using SSL by looking for a closed padlock symbol or other trust mark in your browser’s URL bar or toolbar.
HOW YOU CAN COMPLAIN
The Safe Kit may update this privacy notice from time to time as necessary. The terms that apply to you are those posted here on our website on the day you use our website. We solely advise you to print a copy for your records.
- To track how you use our website
- To record whether you have seen specific messages we display on our website
- To keep you signed in our site
- To record your answers to surveys and questionnaires on our site while you complete them
- To record the conversation thread during a live chat with our support team
Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to an individual’s computer hard drive for record-keeping purposes. Cookies make using our Site easier by, among other things, saving your passwords and preferences for you. These cookies are restricted for use only on our Site, and do not transfer any personal information to any other party.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. You can, however, reset your browser to refuse all cookies or indicate when a cookie is being sent. Please consult the technical information relevant to your browser for instructions. If you choose to disable your cookies setting or refuse to accept a cookie, some parts of the Site may not function properly or may be considerably slower.
PERSONAL IDENTIFIERS FROM YOUR BROWSING ACTIVITY
Information about your computer hardware and software may be automatically collected by The Safe Kit. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the The Safe Kit website.
Requests by your web browser to our servers for web pages and other content on our website are recorded.
Our website records information such as your geographical location, your Internet service provider and your IP address. We also record information about the software you are using to browse our website, such as the type of computer or device and the screen resolution.
The Safe Kit uses this information in aggregate to assess the popularity of the webpages on our website and how we perform in providing content to you.
USE OF RE-MARKETING
Re-marketing involves placing a cookie on your computer when you browse our website in order to be able to serve to you an advert for our services when you visit some other website.